Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Testing Our Sea Legs

MeMa was very skeptical about receiving a sailing excursion as a retirement gift from friend Andrea. Her idea of water activity is walking in the rain. 

Sails up, we are doing this.

Portland is the city of bridges, there are five in this shot.

The houseboats were amazing.

And some very odd

The youngest passenger proudly took the wheel while our captain manned the sails 


All sort of water traffic.


Ross Island Sand and Gravel 

She will forever be the captain of my ship.

13 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely trip. I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW, I never go back to look at comments after approval, so bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, you're the best. I am such a fraidy cat, that would scare me. But, if there was a captain and someone knew what they were doing, I'd go. If the orcas had left that is. :) Did Memaw love it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She very nervous prior and was telling everyone that we were going to drown. Fortunately we survived and she loved the whole trip. It was a very large sailboat and a very experienced as well as licensed captain.

      Delete
  4. Glad you took the camera. I would have, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad MeMa remembered to pack it for me

      Delete
  5. I would be very nervous in a sailboat. I am so glad you both enjoyed the trip, though.

    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a lovely trip and MeMa looks far too young to retire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I am very happy she did retire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you all the very best for your retirement together.

      Delete
  8. Im loving that third photo wish it was bigger

    ReplyDelete