Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Pleasantly Stepping Into The Past


Fairley's Pharmacy is a pleasant step back into our past when most pharmacies had a soda fountain. Patrons could indulge in sinful delights such as the milkshakes  MeMa and the "Little Terrorist's" Lucy and Taeya are sampling. Sad, when establishments like this disappear making it harder for us to give a glimpse of a simpler time to the younger generation. I remember plopping 25 cents and getting the same size drink that I just paid $3.00 apiece for. But if that keeps this dinosaur around for my grandchildren to enjoy, then sign me up!

4 comments:

  1. This place sounds rather like the Milk Bars we had around here in the UK when I was young. We had two in our town - The Spotted Cow and The Rainbow - we always went to the Cow and had a strawberry milk shake - delicious and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, Doc. Glad you have the option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved going to those soda fountains as a child. Such a treat. Actually, $3.00 sounds like a deal these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to remember where one is. I think in the next county, half way to Hiram College.

    ReplyDelete