Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Fix It



Up early this morning we busied ourselves getting Miss Roxy fed and then outside to do her business and then loaded her into the car for a thirty minute drive to Hillsboro were MeMa checked into the Hospital to have her third stent replacement which help protect her kidneys while the chemotherapy continues.  As usual I was able to go in with her while all the paper work was completed but  because of Covid restrictions we said our goodbye's and then I joined Miss Roxy in the car. Try as I might I just can't get comfortable in this car......not our car. Yesterday a pesky little warning light appeared on the reader board of our car so we stopped at the dealer to have it checked out. We were given a rental and the nice lady told us they would let us know. It was a combination of MeMa's successful surgery this morning and having to drive this god awful rental, that when the nice lady called back and said the problem will disappear when we approve the 12 hundred dollar bandaid. I said, "Fix it, I hate this rental, I want my heated seats, sunroof and all those electric buttons and gizmos that this rental doesn't have ." And I promise I won't complain about the fact that it is dark grey instead of red, even when I can't find it the next time leave it in a parking lot filled with dark grey cars. 

       

This car was parked in front of me at the Hospital. I was a bit slow when I looked at the jumble of letters but then I put the type of car, an Infinity with the plate NBYND. The Toy Story hero Buzz Lightyears famous saying "To Infinity and Beyond" 

A first timer Peony bloom in the garden - Duchess de Nemours
 

8 comments:

  1. I would never have made out that plate, and I'm pretty good at deciphering. My best plate ever: CANUKEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased the surgery went well. Hope the car is now fixed and back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that the sunroof is the most unnecessary thing in the car for me. Here it is just accumulating dust so I decided to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, I love planting flowers and ornamental plants too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely peony. Hope all is going well for MeMa and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate driving something different. I remember back on the farm I didn't mind driving the tractor that no one else wanted as long as I was mine and the only one who drove it. The peony looks great.

    ReplyDelete