Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Road Trip - Day Three

The day before I arrived here in Phoenix my twin brother was preparing one of the upstairs guest rooms for my stay. He was trundling a box of books down the stairs when he had a severe asthma attack and blacked out a fell down the stairs. It has been three days and the only time he has been able to leave his bed is when I through a fit yesterday and told him he was going to get into the car and go to urgent care. They are treating him for the asthma but also a lung infection. So loaded up on antibiotics he will continue to be bed ridden the rest of my stay. Today I planted four hanging baskets of annuals, removed some flowering plants in his desert landscape that triggered his allergies, planted some lavenders and some gorgeous perennials called kangaroo paws and did some light pruning. This is the first physical labor that I have done since my surgery and I feel wonderful.

It was a morning well spent before the temperature reached 98

The pond got a bit of a facelift with some new plantings of lavender and kangaroo paws 



Kangaroo paws? Not in Oregon 


The bougainvillea is in full bloom 



I removed several large blooming Arizona yellow bells because my brother is very allergic to them.
I was quite surprised to find a nice cactus that I planted several years ago.

My twin brother is a collector, one is nice but more is better




 Front entry

 Rooms are filled with art
And books and more books

    

After working hard in the yard my father and I with long time family friend Don drove to Cave Creek for a delicous lunch at our favorite Mexican Restaraunt.













5 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like a hard spot to improve, but you succeeded. Best wishes to your twin and his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart you are. I'm sure when he's up and around, he is going to love it. Such a scary thing. He is lucky you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to hear you felt better after all the gardening! The flowers are gorgeous, thank you for all the pictures.

    Lucky for your brother you could remove all the plants that were troubling him.

    He has a great assortment of things and it would take a day to see it all, I think, so thank you for sharing it with us.
    I hope your brother recovers quickly. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother's house and gardens look pretty; I hope he is well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How good that you were there at the right time and able to help out. Incidentally, my son is allergic to many things, but lavender is a definite no-no as far as he is concerned - even his babies had to do without their lavender bathtimes. I hope your twin isn't affected by those lavender plants.

    ReplyDelete