Saturday, February 11, 2017

Checking On The Cabin

Now that the weather has warmed up a bit (not a spot of snow left here in the city), I have been able to get out in the gardens and get a few things cleaned up. Back in the ice and snow I took a nasty tumble, not breaking anything but evidently bruised or twisted somthing in my right shoulder. So after a bit of gardening, that shoulder really starts to scream at me. I have done a pretty good job of ignoring it and plan on spending all of tomorrow in the garden -  shoulder be damned.
Today however, we rose fairly early and headed up to the cabin which has been left unattened since October. It has been a bit of a worry but since the high elevation of that area has seen much more snow than we did here in the city, it was imposible for us to reach it.
So after loading a few things into the back of the car that might come in handy, we stopped and got some coffee and breakfast sandwiches and off we drove. Once we left the freeway and started climbing, we could see a bit of snow along the verges but all the roadway was clear and dry for the entire drive. I don't know what I was expecting, but everything was fine at the cabin. We did have to clean piles of leaves and debris off the decks and reposition the cover over the deck chairs and table. While MeMa tidied things up inside, I refilled bird feeders and loaded things back into the car. When I had my head in the car, the neighbors came to see if I had anything for them......
 
 
 
Showing this charming young lady what a "selfie" was, but she was more interested in a good ear nuzzle. When I attempted to continue a conversation, she grabbed hold of my shoulder and snorted spittle and putrid deer breath into my ear.
Then I realized she was only sweet talking me whilst her spouse attempted to empty the freshly filled bird feeders.
 

17 comments:

  1. That is a first-rate selfie. I'll bet she would love to show it off to her pals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should go into photography.....not!

      Delete
  2. Spring is coming. A bit faster would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather skip fall, winter and spring. Just stay summer.

      Delete
  3. Doc, I've seen you commenting on others' blogs and wondered where you've been and what you've been up to. I was going to email you, then see you are posting. So glad all is well, except for the fall. I'm not receiving your posts so I pressed follow again. Hope that works and that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my last surgery really knocked the wind out of my sails so I haven't been up to much.

      Delete
  4. Damaged shoulders are a real pain aren't they. Hope it improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so much slower when you are older, damn that age thing!

      Delete
  5. Wow. What a selfie! Everywhere around here sells deer corn. You might need some of that.
    Glad to hear you are still doing well. Hope your shoulder heals quickly. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try not to feed them because they have so tame.

      Delete
  6. How amazing that they're so friendly. Our Deer run a mile at the slightest whiff of a human.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't believe a wild deer let you get that close. Amazing. What beautiful animals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Doc, glad to read that you are out and about once more, although you could have done without the tumble.
    How tame your deer are! The deer in our woods are far more suspicious of humans, either standing motionless and hoping not to be seen or else leaping away at speed. Beautiful creatures (except when leaping into my veg garden - then they are just a pest!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those deer work as a great team don't they, it surprises me that they are so tame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I like that selfie!!! Those animals are so beautiful!!! Hope your shoulder will feel better very soon. Thanks for sharing:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doc, I do hope you gave her a bit of goody for the kiss. I am still following you but haven't received a post for months. I saw you comment to Weaver and came by to see how long it had been since you posted. Quite surprised. I was worried about you. I don't know why I can't receive your posts, but glad to hear all is well. Except the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete