Monday, September 8, 2014

Saying Good-by to Georgie

Georgie

My baby sister Theresa called me the other day and gave the sad news that her little dog Georgie had to be put to sleep, the vet was quite certain that it was cancer.  So another Chambers fury family member has crossed that rainbow bridge.

 I never told my sister that Georgie always looked to me like that famous canine star Peg.....come on folks you remember Peg????
I always expected Georgie to walz into a room and start belting out her rendition of, "He's A Tramp".....Yeah, now you remember Peg.......


Peg ~ of Lady and the Tramp



 If ever there was a doggie dopelganger

I bet Georgie would have had a better singing voice!


7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, another sad day. I suppose that with dogs lives being so much shorter than ours, we have to expect such things, but it's always heart-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww--you should have asked him. He looks quite obliging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Georgie...I'm sure you were greeted by lots of sweet K9s as you crossed the bridge...maybe even a feline

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you and your sister. It's nearly 6 months since I lost my Tommy and I'm still unable to converse about him without a bit lump coming in my throat. It's a terrible thing to have to go through so you have my deepest sympathy.

    By the way I've offered a bit of a suggestion in the comments to the post about the Cabbage on my blog. Don't know if it will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right there. I thought I was more than prepared to be without my dog Tommy. I had quite a while to get used to the idea so did all the things I knew I would no longer be able to do when he was gone. I spent the last half hour whilst waiting for the vet hugging his and feeding him his favourite treats but nothing I did has made it any easier - its terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* to you and your sister, Doc. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ron, a nice tribute and Terri appreciated it as well

    ReplyDelete