Thursday, October 11, 2012

And a Lovely "58" You Are

"How old am I going to be this year"?

Before answering that question which in itself could lead to my demise I look at her face to see if she has "that look" or not.......but I'm safe.

I answer, "59."
"Nope, you're wrong, I am only 58."
"No....you were born in 1953 so that makes you 59."
"NO....that only makes me 58."

Now "that look" has suddenly appeared on her face and I quickly grab my gardening hat from the corner of the lunch table.  As I rise to go back out to the greenhouse I tell her, she will be a beautiful 58 year old, one that still makes my heart race when she comes into a room.
The silence as I was leaving was almost deafening when she quietly says, "And I will always be 58."

About three years ago I had picked up a load of pea gravel in my eight foot utility trailer to top dress the floor of the greenhouse.  It was hard to maneuver the trailer so I stupidly unhitched the damn thing from my truck thinking that I would pull it the rest of the way with the single wheeled trailer puller.  Immediately after backing it off the hitch the whole thing collapsed on my right foot crushing my big toe even with shoes on.  I tried lifting it off but it was too heavy so I yelled for MeMa who was in the house.  She evidently heard the panic in my voice because the next thing I know this dynamo woman came charging out of the house, all five feet two inches of her and after grabbing hold of the tongue of the trailer she hoisted the heavy load.  She then growled in her best super human voice to get my foot out of the way before dropping it with a horrible crash.

And folks that is just one of the many reasons why if this beautiful woman I love decides she will be 58,  then 58 she is.
Happy "58th" Birthday

4 comments:

  1. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤Happy second 58th Birthday!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday from France too!

    I recently spent two years being the same age. Maths was never my strong subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank f*ck that someone is actually older than I am!!!
      well done that man!

      Delete