Monday, July 11, 2011

Parade Hopefull





                                   

For the last two years neighbor and well known Portland artist, Ann Stores has organised a "Halloween Day Giant Pumpkin Parade". All are told to enter a pumpkin of their own and last year we had a few entries but Ann's was the only Giant pumpkin entered. She saved the seeds and packaged them for distribution among the neighborhood in hopes that others would grow a giant of their own for this years parade. A giant takes up a fare amount of garden to grow its best so I first started mine in the greenhouse but since the gardens at Menagerie Manor are all planted I asked  my mother and father if I could plant my Giant in their garden plot. So a spot by the garden shed was given over to raising a giant.

Not looking like much at this point but soon it will start to flourish and give forth a giant.

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a GIANT pumpkin from the garden! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the giant pumpkin!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! =0) Hope you had a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look forward to seeing that giant!!! :-))

    I hope you're having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete