Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3,2010

I planted quite a few more vegetables in trays as well as in the garden. I planted a double row of Spanish Onions but the crows keep pulling the sprouts up and leaving them to dry out on the ground, good thing I saved that hunk of bird netting.
Onion sprout remnants

Next year I will buy the sets instead of sprouts that way they will root well before the emerge from the soil. Mema's Ladies are laying lots of eggs with this warmer weather.
Neighbor lady Trish gave me her excess Pansy plants and I planted them around the new Blueberries I just put in. One of the trays of seeds I planted was an Heirloom Tomato called "Stupice", it is an early producer and is cold tolerant. I also planted a whole tray of Lupin's. Sometime this weekend I will plant the new Rose I got, "Summertime Souvenir". Sounds like it will be a great addition to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment